I Plead The 5th

25 months later, my post-accident treatment plan is complete (for now).  I'm having to put my restorative teeth phase on hold due to the poor economy.  I am blessed nonetheless :D

The estimate from my prosthodontist is around $15K, so I have made peace with this stay plate (or temporary, partial denture).  Besides, most people who don't know about my accident think these are my real choppers anyway.  AND, I don't burn the roof of my mouth when I drink hot coffee!

Last month - July 5th - was 2 years since my accident.  It's hard to believe that much time has gone by.  Most don't know about the ordeal, some have forgotten.  But for me, the date is now this strange anniversary of sorts.

Last year, I wasn't as nostalgic about it, because I was so focused on completing my cycling events.  This year is a little different.  

July 5, 2007 Crashed my bike, lost 4 teeth, and broke my jaw in 3 places
July 9, 2007 Surgery to plate my chin, jaw wired shut for 2 weeks
Numerous physical therapy, occupational therapy, orthodontic, and chiropractic appointments
June 1, 2008 America's Most Beautiful Ride, 100 miles around Lake Tahoe
July 12-13, 2008 202-mile Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic
Jan. 7, 2009 Bone graft surgery
April 22, 2009 Tissue graft procedure
July 24, 2009 Implant procedure

Lots of things circle my heart and mind.  I am still in process ...

No comments:

Post a Comment