"Take Me Home Country Roads"

© Ron Watts/CORBIS

I woke up to weather that reminded me of growing up in the east coast.

I love the sounds of rain and thunder.  Something about them reminds me of growing up in Virginia ... peering in awe through the sliding glass door, counting the seconds between flashes of light and the resounding crashes of thunder which never scared me.  Even as a child, I recall somehow knowing that life was so much bigger than me.

(The picture above reminds me of driving home on Pohick Road in Springfield, Virginia.)

It can't remember if it was 7th or 8th grade, but do I remember having to memorize poems in one English class.  One in particular resonated with me, The Road Not Taken.  "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both ... I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  That's when I knew I wanted my life to be somewhat different, and to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment