Found in Stillness

I can't place it, figure it out, or contain it. My heart is full and I struggle to describe it.

I often shirk back to comfortable corners - away from the bumps and bedazzled of life - yet it finds me. It fills me and holds me. It told me - long ago - that it would enfold me.

But I wander, not too far or wide, just enough to feel a nagging inside. I can't place it, figure it out, or contain it. My heart is full and I struggle to describe it.

It beckons and woos me. But yet it eludes me ... As I fill every space of margin in my life with things that would consume me.

Then in the stillness I try so hard to avoid, I am met by a comforting presence, so bold.

First a grief for missing out on such precious times - quietly sitting with this Savior of mine.

No words, no words ever need to be said. He hears, he knows - like the number of hairs on my head - my many quirks, the way I can be a jerk, how much I strive and at the same time, lie - about what really matters to me on the inside. And yet He loves me.

This love knows me and accepts me; this love suffered and died for me. And I can't place it, figure it out, or contain it. I just know my heart is full and I struggle to describe it.

4 comments:

  1. Keep on writing, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not resist commenting. Very well written!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good site you've got here.. It's difficult to find high-quality writing like yours these days.
    I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there I am so thrilled I found your blog
    page, I really found you by error, while I was looking on Yahoo for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a marvelous post and
    a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds,
    so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete